The title of this post is probably the most over used title that will be viewed over the next few days. It’s full of spirit and optimism. And rightfully so… If we have our health and are not living on the streets we should be happy.
We at Things I Think Of have something else to celebrate. Our new blog… Over the years we have struggled with other management content systems, from home grown to shareware and have had varied success. Our current direction is to use a solution provided by WordPress.
WordPress is a PHP based content (blog) system that has been around for many years. From what we can tell it is a very stable platform with many options and features. Best of all it is FREE!!! The installation was so simple that I cannot believe I didn’t have problems. I created a MySQL database on my hosting companies server, updated the config file, FTPed the files to the server, and ran the 10 second installation. And it worked, with no errors or problems.
Once loaded I poked around some and was able to figure out about 70% of things without looking them up. I have read a number of the help pages / articles which have proven to be very well written and informative. The other 30% will need time and will be completed in the near future.
In conclusion I simply wanted to wish all a happy and prosperous 2011. And to announce to all… We are Blogging once again!